The Friends have been supporting our community’s very own Cowichan Performing Arts Centre since 1991. Our mandate is to assist in the development and enhancement of programs, events and activities presented by the Cowichan Performing Arts Centre department.
We seek to develop, foster and promote all direct and related aspects of cultural and community events presented and / or supported by the Cowichan Performing Arts Centre and to seek financial and professional distance in this regard.
Since 1991 our membership and fundraising efforts have provided the following upgrades to the theatre:
- Rosco front white vinyl projection screen 22’X 50’
- 2 Bell express Vu receivers (for The Met: Live in HD & National Theatre Live broadcasts)
- ETC HD projection lamp for fly tower signage
- Sennheiser listening system
- Ongoing Maintenance and / or repairs of the Steinway Grand D piano
- Custom-made insulated, dust-resistant Steinway piano cover
- Kawai Rehearsal piano with cover
- Engineering study and lobby plans
- Musicians’ chairs, music stands and storage trolleys
- CO2 sensor
- Lowrey organ
- Children’s booster seats (72)
- Harlequin Cascade Dance Floor
- Six custom lighting booms
- Bell satellite receiver feed system (for The Met: Live in HD & National Theatre Live broadcasts)
Total: approx. $155,000
We need your help to support future technical upgrades to the theatre!
Purchase an Annual Membership
$40 Group Membership
$25 Individual Membership
- Your annual membership fee entitles you to:
- An official tax receipt
- An opportunity to win free tickets in a monthly draw
- An opportunity to help at the Friends’ table and receive a complimentary ticket for that show
- To be an advocate for the Theatre
- A discount on many ticket prices
Purchase a Cowichan Performing Arts Centre Seat Plaque
A plaque is a unique way to remember or honor a loved one, a favorite club, organization or event. These 3”x 1” plaques are engraved with your dedication and are permanently secured to the back of the theatre seat of your choice. Tax-deductible receipts are issued.
For more information call (250) 748-8833
Friends of the Cowichan Theatre Society Box 806, Duncan, BC V9L 3Y1